Country expert for SWEDEN
Member of the Swedish Bar Association Member of the Arbitration Society of Southern Sweden
Year of birth
Graduated in law, University of Lund (LL.M., 1985)
Current professional position
Senior lawyer and partner of Advokatbyrån Sigeman & Co, Malmö.
District Court of Helsingborg Senior associate at Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå
Practising lawyer since 1988. Specializations in agency and dsitribution law, corporate law, competition law, litigation and arbitration.
English, German, and Scandinavian languages
English, Swedish, All Scandinavian
Law degree, admitted to bar
Experience in the field of distribution
Commercial agency, distribution, supply contracts, consignment, licensing trade commission, sales networks, antitrust
Litigation before national courts as counsel.
International Arbitration as arbitrator and as counsel.
- A French company had a very long-standing exclusive relationship with a Swedish distributor without any written contract or any agreement on notice periods.
- A Swedish company terminated a contract with its Norwegian distributor for re-negotiation of terms.
- A Danish supplier terminated its Swiss distributor on the grounds of breach of contract, invoking delay in payment (in relation to the provisions of contract) for goods supplied.
- A Swedish supplier terminated its contract with a Norwegian company that it had solicited to provide sales services on the Norwegian market for its products in the name of and for the account of the Swedish supplier.
- A Belgian company unilaterally reduced the scope of representation of its Swedish commercial agent, in terms of geographic market as well as product market.