English, French, Dutch, German
Law degree, Admitted to bar
Experience in the field of distribution
Commercial agency, Distributorship, Selective distribution, Franchising, Distribution antitrust, Department stores, Sales Networks, Outlet centres
Litigation before national courts as counsel and as in house counsel assisting external counsel.
Experience as in-house counsel:
- Litigation in France whereby certain franchisees tried to hold the franchisor liable for their failing business performance and poor financial situation (based on supposedly insufficient precontractual information);
- Litigation whereby franchisees in France sued the franchisor over the quality of products sold to the chain (following consumer inspections at franchisee store level);
- Litigation involving the termination of franchise agreements in Germany, France and Switzerland.
- Major pan-European litigation with a group of franchisees across multiple countries regarding a buy back promotion initiated by the franchisor.
- Litigation involving a Dutch record company which decided to terminate its exclusive agent in Belgium.
- Involvement in an investigation conducted by the UK Competition Authority regarding price fixing between manufacturers of goods and their retailers/distributors – mainly through a hub and spoke cartel.
- Involvement in major investigation by the Competition Authority in the Czech Republic regarding non-compete clauses in lease agreements.