French, English, German, Italian
Law degree, Admitted to bar
Experience in the field of distribution
Commercial agency, Intermediaries, Distributorship, Selective distribution, Franchising, Distribution antitrust, Trademark issues
Litigation before national courts as counsel.
International Arbitration as counsel.
Experience as in-house counsel:
- Representation of a dealer in a motor vehicle distribution agreement and filed suit against manufacturer in front of the Geneva Court of Justice claiming severa! violations of Swiss and EU competition law as well as unfair competition law.
- Representation of an agent in the steel industry. Filed for arbitration with ICC for breach of the agency agreement by the manufacturer/ supplier and failure to properly terminate the agency agreement.
- Representation of distributors in front of the Swiss Competition Commission in relation to exclusivity agreed with the supplier.
- For luxury goods manufacturers, defended the selective distribution agreement against sale by unauthorised third parties supplied by approved distributors in breach of their obligations toward the manufacturer.
- Representation of a luxury fashion goods manufacturer seeking to enforce its rights after termination of a franchise agreement, i.e. seeking to prevent retailer from using its trademarks, selling goods of the manufacturer's brand, etc.