IDI country expert for Spain
Director in Catalonia of Franquishop, a franchise trade fair
Year of birth
Graduated in Law by the University of Barcelona
Attorney, admitted to Barcelona Bar in 1988 Master in Business Administration, 1987 Master in Tax & Financial Law, 1988
Current professional position
Of Counsel at Arco Abogados y Asesores Tributarios, Barcelona.
Lawyer at Ernst &Young; head of the legal department of IVC, International Venture Consultants; lawyer at Jausas Law Firm; General Counsel at MRW (one of the biggest franchisors in Spain, with more than 700 franchisees).
(1) acting as attorney for foreign franchisors regarding their operations in Spain (enter into the Spanihs market, expansion, re-estructuration, closing, etc); (2) acting for Spanish companies wishing to franchise their business model or to internationalize it; (3) advising companies on distribution, agency and franchising matters: agreements, structure of the network, termination of agreements, claims for compensation; (4) M&A of distribution and franchising companies.
Spanish and Catalan (native); English (proficiency); French (basic); Portuguese and Italian (understanding)
Former teacher at the Distribution & Logistics master by Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, addressed to young graduates from all around the world.
Spanish/Catalan, English, French, Italian, Portouguese
Law degree and admitted to bar
Experience in the field of distribution
Commercial Agency, Distributorship, Sale Networks, Franchising, Distribution joint ventures, Trademark issues
As counsel and as in house counsel assisting external counsel
Experience as in-house counsel:
- General Counsel of a leading franchising company
- Advice to a Spanish Master Franchisee of a leading Canadian company
- Advice to a French franchising company in Spain
- Termination of a Distribution Agreement (representing the distributor)
- Termination of a Distribution Agreement (representing the principal)
- Re-estructuration of a distribution network
- Swiss-Spanish Distribution & Manufacturing Joint Venture
- Advice in the termination of an Agency Agreement
- Advice for ranchising a new business concept
- Advice for the international expansion of a franchising company