English, Dutch, German, French
Law degree, Admitted to bar
Experience in the field of distribution
Commercial agency, sales networks, franchising, intermediaries, distributorship, selective distribution, distribution joint ventures, distribution antitrust
Litigation before national courts as counsel.
International Arbitration as counsel.
- A German manufacturer and franchisor of a major high street chain of clothing stores had entered into a franchise agreement (governed by Dutch law) with a Dutch franchisee.
- A Dutch manufacturer of medical devices had concluded a non-exclusive distributorship agreement (governed by Dutch law) with a Turkish distributor for the resales of its products in Turkey.
- An English subsidiary of one of the world's largest producers of beef decided to enter the continental European market. It concluded a gentlemen's agreement under English law (no written contract) with a Dutch company to explore the possibilities of sales in the Netherlands.
- A Dutch manufacturer of medical equipment and consumables entered into a distribution relationship with an Egyptian company governed by Dutch law and under exclusive competence of the Dutch courts.
- A Dutch company entered into a selective distributorship (governed by Dutch law) with the Dutch branch of a Swiss manufacturer of exclusive Swiss watches.