Country expert for United Arab Emirates
Year of birth
J.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Attorney admitted to the bar in Pennsylvania, USA and legal consultant licensed in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
Current professional position
Managing partner, ELN Associates FZE, Ras al Khaimah.
Hilal & Associates, Abu Dhabi; Ferris & Co, Dubai; Afridi & Angell, Abu Dhabi; Baker & McKenzie, Riyadh.
Advised prominent retailers and franchisors on transactions in the U.A.E. and other Gulf countries, including master franchise agreements, master development agreements, area development agreements, distribution agreements and agency/representation agreements. Frequently speaks at international conferences on issues relating to franchising in the United Arab Emirates.
English, Arabic, some French
Law degree Admitted to bar
Experience in the field of distribution
Commercial Agency, Distributorship, Franchising, Trademark issues, Department stores.
Litigation before national courts as counsel.
International arbitration as arbitrator and as counsel.
- CASE 1: Negotiated Settlement of Dispute involving Franchise/Commercial Agency Agreement.
- CASE 2: Mobile Phone Warranty Service Arbitration.
- CASE 3: Trademark Squatting Case.
- CASE 4: Air Cargo Arbitration in Dubai.
- CASE 5: Ohio Court Litigation.
- CASE 6: Franchisor Fraud and Bankruptcy.
- CASE 7: Negotiated Department Store License Agreement.