Country Expert for UK
UK Representative, International Legal Working Group, International Union of Commercial Agents & Brokers
Year of birth
Oxford University (BA), Free University of Brussels (Licence Speciale en Droit Europeen), Hebrew University of Jerusalem (LLM in International Law).
Current professional position
Partner, Reed Smith LLP, London.
Associate, Clifford Chance LLP, London
Wide experience in UK and European distribution and competition laws. Listed in Chambers Directory 2004-5 as a Notable Practiocioner in competition law in London.
Fluent French Speaker
Various articles on distribution and competition issues
Law degree, admitted to bar.
Experience in the field of distribution
Distributorship, commercial agency, selective distribution, distribution anti-trust, distribution joint ventures, department stores, sales networks, franchising.
- A UK listed international food ingredients group and a US listed group both owned different patents and trademarks throughout the world relating to a household name food ingredient.
- An Indian beauty products manufacturer had concluded a series of distribution agreements for the sale of its products throughout the world with different distributors in the early stages of its international strategy.
- A Continental European family owned business had developed a household name foodservice brand which it had successfully franchised in its home country.
- An international specialty pharma group was faced with an unexpected price increase of several hundred per cent of an essential input for the manufacture of one of its leading products.
- A UK based international apparel manufacturer faced multiple issues in the running of its selective distribution network in Europe.
- A US based international sourcing and logistics group wished to implement a strategy of becoming more involved in the product supply chain by leveraging its knowledge of product sourcing throughout the world, product functionality and customer requirements.