Country expert for Chile
- Member of the Chilean Bar - Member of the Board of ACHIPI (Asociación Chilena de la Propiedad Industrial) - Member of AIJA (Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats) and former Vice-President for Chile - Member of INTA (International Trademark Association) - Member of AIPPI (Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Industrielle) - Member of AIGLI (Associazione Internazionale Giuristi di Lingua Italiana) - Member of AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Association)
Year of birth
- Primary and Secondary school: Institut Florimont (Geneva, Switzerland). French Baccalauréat (1986) - School of Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
Current professional position
Partner at Porzio, Rios y Asociados, Santiago.
- Professor at Universidad Católica de Chile (Santiago, Chile)- Currently speaker at international conferences.
He currently deals for Chilean clients and foreign (international) clients with distribution contracts (agency, distribution, franchising, etc.) and related problems.
Spanish, Italian, English, French and Portuguese (medium)
English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese
Law degree, admitted to bar
Experience in the field of distribution
Commercial agency ,distributorship, franchising, trademark Issues
Litigation before national courts as counsel.
International Arbitration as counsel.
- A Swiss company, leader in the packaging industry decided to increase its presence in Chile and Latin America.
- A French company, key player in the alcohol and spirit industry, started a commercial relationship with a Chilean company devoted to the represention of foreign companies and distribution of the goods produced by the mentioned foreign companies.
- This case is very similar to case 2, in the sense that once case 2, was completed, the French company indicated above entered into a negotiation with another well known Chilean distributor, in order to be able to distribute its products in Chile and avoid a shortage of stock in the market.
- A French company, producer of wine in several places of France, decided to start producing in the new world, namely in Chile and South Africa.
- A European company, leader in the pet food industry decided to terminate its Chilean distributor for non achievement of basic goals agreed (orally) between the parties, for four years in a row.